- The Cridge Respite Resource ServiceOur service links parents of children and youth, birth to 19 years old, with special needs to Respite Care Providers and resources. Respite Care Providers As a Respite Care Provider you have a life changing impact on the families you offer respite care to. To download an application form to fill in please click on this link: UserFiles/Application Respite Care Provider – The Cridge Respite Resource Service.pdf Respite Care can be for a short period of time or ongoing. Parents are responsible for screening, selecting and paying for the Respite Care Provider. The Cridge Respite Resource Service does not make recommendations or endorsements of Respite Care Providers, programs or agencies. Respite Care provides benefits for Families in that it: Creates chances to rest Strengthens family, friends and community connections Builds in time for essential partnership/marriage survival and well-being Brings teamwork Widens their circle of support Provides new activities and opportunities for fun Changes family dynamics Expands awareness and broadens perspective Allows for time to access more resources Broadens cultural/spiritual experiences For information on The Cridge Respite Resource Service, either as a parent or to be a Respite Care Provider, please contact: (250) 995-6412 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Listings are FREE for…
- Cridge Respite & Respitality ProgramThe Cridge Respitality Service is a proud recipient of the British Columbia Community Living Association’s Innovation Award. Pictured is Respitality Coordinator Mimi Davis, receiving the award from The Honourable Tom Christensen, in April 2008. The Cridge Respitality Service provides parents of a child with a disability a chance to experience a “mini-vacation” in a welcoming and comfortable environment while their child is receiving respite care in the family home. Participating parents in this program recieve a complimentary overnight stay for two in a hotel or bed-and-breakfast. There are also complimentary enhancements available for those parents who are not able to enjoy an overnight hotel stay. These may include entertainment certificates, flowers, tickets to Victoria attractions when available. This program is about ‘caring for the caregivers’ and is a partnership between the hospitality industry, local businesses and community services agencies. For information about these services as a parent or caregiver, please call 250 995-6412 or email email@example.com
- Go to Cridge Respite Connect
Areas of Service
Select from the links below to visit our various programs
Support and Services for Your Family
A referral is required
The Cridge Centre for the Family Respite & Respitality Service assists families who have a child or youth under 19 – with a disability or mental health diagnosis – access meaningful care breaks, find out about resources and events in the community, and access a listing of respite care providers who are looking for work.
- The Cridge Respite Resource Service
- access to a listing of self-employed respite care providers who are looking for work
- resource & event information
- The Cridge Respitality Service
- once per calendar year, parents can enjoy a night in a local hotel, compliments of a Respitality hotel partner.
- once per calendar year, for parents unable to go away overnight, a special gift donated by a Respitality community business partner.
Check out these videos that tell the story of our Respite and Respitality services from the perspective of our families.
Click here for Respite
and here for Respitality.
The Latest From Our Blog
- A Safe Space to Heal20/10/2021 - 4:47 pm
- Finding a path forward: The Cridge Centre designs program for survivors of intimate partner-inflicted brain injuries28/07/2021 - 2:53 pm
- The Little Garden That Could: Gardening cooperation at The Cridge Centre30/06/2021 - 3:50 pm
- Intimate partner violence and brain injury: the invisible disability meets the silent pandemic.08/06/2021 - 10:13 am
- Helmet Head or Hospital Bed04/06/2021 - 12:09 pm
- Melissa’s Story10/05/2021 - 9:53 am
The Cridge Centre for the Family
1307 Hillside Avenue,
Victoria, B.C. Canada V8T 0A2