Areas of Service
Select from the links below to visit our various programs
Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) & Brain Injury (BI)
According to statistics:
- 1 in 3 women will experience IPV. Of those women, 92% will receive at least one brain injury from the violent partner (over 200,00 women).
- For every 1 NHL who sustains a concussion, over 5,500 women sustain the same injury.
In light of these statistics and a long history of serving both brain injury survivors AND women fleeing IPV, The Cridge Centre works towards a comprehensive framework to focus on this vital issue. We believe there are five areas that need to be addressed:
- Ongoing RESEARCH and development of a body of knowledge
- Direct supportive SERVICES for women impacted by IPV-related BI
- TRAINING for professionals and service providers with whom women come into contact (i.e. police, social workers, EMTs, emergency room staff, lawyers, judges etc.)
- ADVOCACY at all levels of government and with policymakers
- PREVENTION programming for men with emotional dysregulation.
For more information, please contact Measha Gallagher email@example.com or 778-430-0730