What is The Cridge Centre all about?
This remarkable organization has a rich history, a dynamic present and an exciting future. Please take time to explore the numerous ways in which children, families and adults discover new paths to growth and independence through The Cridge Centre for the Family. If you would like to offer your help, we have some great ideas for you!
Our Vision: Abundant Life
Our Mission: Providing excellence in support, housing, education and community, we work together to restore hope and a future to those overcoming the challenges before them.
Our Values: Act justly. Love mercy. Walk humbly.
Our Purpose: Consistent with the principles taught by Jesus Christ and seeking to manifest His love, we commit to rendering aid and service to children, adults and families by:
- Providing childcare to children in the community through supervised, structured programs to help their personal development, and to advance education by operating programs and activities;
- Assisting women and children who have experienced family violence and abuse move from crisis and instability to self-sufficiency, personal safety and stability by providing them with support programs such as transitional housing, counselling, support groups, and access to other community services;
- Relieving poverty by providing low and moderate-income families and those who are poor or needy with affordable housing and with programs to support them with life necessities;
- Promoting health and wellbeing by providing respite services and resources to families of children with disabilities;
- Promoting health and wellbeing by providing survivors of brain injury with housing and other support services to enable them to achieve their highest possible level of independent living, including assistance in daily tasks, health management, skills training, employment opportunities, and community involvement;
- Relieving conditions attributable to being aged by providing specially adapted residential accommodation, incidental facilities, and support to seniors;
- Providing youth in need who are young parents or at risk of homelessness with supports, mentoring and resources including counselling and advocacy to ensure their basic needs are met and to enable them to pursue education, employment and safe affordable housing;
- Undertaking activities ancillary and incidental to the attainment of the above charitable purposes.
We give thanks to our Creator and Lord for the ability to gather and work here in the grace and peace of Jesus Christ. We acknowledge with respect that this is the traditional territory of the Lekwungen and WSÁNEĆ peoples, original caretakers of this land. We thank them for their gracious welcome. As they have walked gently here for many generations, we seek to do the same in service to the many peoples who now share it and call it home.