Welcome to the Cridge Centre
The Cridge Centre for the Family is a place where people can find hope and direction when they are the most vulnerable and in need . . . a community of caring individuals who believe there’s more to social services than providing programs . . . because love is the bottom line.
You’ll find us in a number of locations in Greater Victoria, and our services include child care for children from all walks of life, supportive housing for families in economic or relationship crisis, services for women and children who have been impacted by relationship violence, respite care services for children with disabilities along with respitality support for their parents, a residence and other services for survivors of Brain Injury, as well as our Seniors’ Assisted Living Housing.
This remarkable organization has a rich history, a dynamic present and an exciting future. Please take time to explore the numerous ways in which children, families and adults discover new paths to growth and independence through The Cridge Centre for the Family. If you would like to offer your help, we have some great ideas for you!
The purpose of the society is to manifest the love of Jesus Christ by rendering aid and service to children, adults and families, to maximize their opportunities
- to participate and grow in the responsibilities and enjoyment of family life and loving relationships; and
- to achieve spiritual, intellectual, emotional, physical and social potential
The manner in which The Cridge Centre for the Family will pursue these purposes will include:
- offering support, counsel, education and training;
- receiving into its facilities or otherwise helping those who, for a time, have special needs;
- providing housing, residential and/or institutional care;
- being a resource to individuals or organizations who minister to families, their members and those deprived of family relationships.
Operated under the distinguished patronage of Her Honour, The Honourable Judith Guichon, OBC, Lieutenant Governor of British Columbia. Read more here.