- The Cridge Respite Resource ServiceOur service links parents of children and youth, birth to 19 years old, with special needs to Respite Care Providers and resources. Respite Care Providers As a Respite Care Provider you have a life changing impact on the families you offer respite care to. To download an application form to fill in please click on this link: UserFiles/Application Respite Care Provider – The Cridge Respite Resource Service.pdf Respite Care can be for a short period of time or ongoing. Parents are responsible for screening, selecting and paying for the Respite Care Provider. The Cridge Respite Resource Service does not make recommendations or endorsements of Respite Care Providers, programs or agencies. Respite Care provides benefits for Families in that it: Creates chances to rest Strengthens family, friends and community connections Builds in time for essential partnership/marriage survival and well-being Brings teamwork Widens their circle of support Provides new activities and opportunities for fun Changes family dynamics Expands awareness and broadens perspective Allows for time to access more resources Broadens cultural/spiritual experiences For information on The Cridge Respite Resource Service, either as a parent or to be a Respite Care Provider, please contact: (250) 995-6412 or email email@example.com Listings are FREE for…
- Cridge Respite & Respitality ProgramThe Cridge Respitality Service is a proud recipient of the British Columbia Community Living Association’s Innovation Award. Pictured is Respitality Coordinator Mimi Davis, receiving the award from The Honourable Tom Christensen, in April 2008. The Cridge Respitality Service provides parents of a child with a disability a chance to experience a “mini-vacation” in a welcoming and comfortable environment while their child is receiving respite care in the family home. Participating parents in this program recieve a complimentary overnight stay for two in a hotel or bed-and-breakfast. There are also complimentary enhancements available for those parents who are not able to enjoy an overnight hotel stay. These may include entertainment certificates, flowers, tickets to Victoria attractions when available. This program is about ‘caring for the caregivers’ and is a partnership between the hospitality industry, local businesses and community services agencies. For information about these services as a parent or caregiver, please call 250 995-6412 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Go to Cridge Respite Connect
Areas of Service
Select from the links below to visit our various programs
A Respite Care Provider often makes the difference in whether a family is thriving or just surviving. Cridge Respite Connect helps parents find amazing respite care providers – like you!
Are you looking for a fantastic job supporting a child or youth under 19 who has a disability or mental health diagnosis? If so, read on…
Cridge Respite Connect is our private, password protected mini-website. We use this web based tool to allow parents to get resource information, check out respite care provider listings (this could be you), and chat with other parents. Best of all, Cridge Respite Connect is available – 24/7.
CRC is an easy way to find the perfect job -parents are looking for someone who will keep their child safe and spend quality time with them enjoying meaningful and interesting activities, either in the family home or out in the community. CRC is a fabulous tool for both you and parents. Your respite care provider profile will give parents lots of information about you – like your availability, experience, education and interests. When a parent needs to hire a respite care provider, the Respite Coordinator will help them write a Job Advertisement which can then be posted on that parent’s profile. The Job Ad will tell you cool things about what that child loves, their favourite activities, etc. As well, the ad includes details about the care schedule the parent is looking for, and any specific requirements. This system creates the opportunity for you to reach out to parents and request an interview, and allows parents a way to reach out to you to invite you to an interview. We hope you will find your perfect match!
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and a minimum of 3 professional references.
Be prepared to provide a copy of your current criminal record check with the vulnerable sector search, and your current first aid certificate to us (Cridge Respite Connect) and to any parents who hire you. Additionally, if your work with a family will include driving, be prepared to provide a current copy of your driver’s abstract record and, in the case you will use your own vehicle, a copy of your insurance to show that you have adequate vehicle insurance.
Respite Care Providers listed on Cridge Respite Connect are not employees of The Cridge Centre for the Family, but rather independent contractors to be hired directly by families.
For more information – please call or email
Phone: (250) 220-8570
The Latest From Our Blog
- Intimate partner violence and brain injury: the invisible disability meets the silent pandemic.08/06/2021 - 10:13 am
- Helmet Head or Hospital Bed04/06/2021 - 12:09 pm
- Melissa’s Story10/05/2021 - 9:53 am
- Visitors in The Cridge Village Seniors’ Centre!16/04/2021 - 4:12 pm
- Preventing Hunger Together14/04/2021 - 5:34 pm
- The Cridge Young Parent Outreach Program: Rachel’s Story*22/03/2021 - 10:59 am
The Cridge Centre for the Family
1307 Hillside Avenue,
Victoria, B.C. Canada V8T 0A2