- The Cridge Respite Resource ServiceOur service links parents of children and youth, birth to 19 years old, with special needs to Respite Care Providers and resources. Respite Care Providers As a Respite Care Provider you have a life changing impact on the families you offer respite care to. To download an application form to fill in please click on this link: UserFiles/Application Respite Care Provider – The Cridge Respite Resource Service.pdf Respite Care can be for a short period of time or ongoing. Parents are responsible for screening, selecting and paying for the Respite Care Provider. The Cridge Respite Resource Service does not make recommendations or endorsements of Respite Care Providers, programs or agencies. Respite Care provides benefits for Families in that it: Creates chances to rest Strengthens family, friends and community connections Builds in time for essential partnership/marriage survival and well-being Brings teamwork Widens their circle of support Provides new activities and opportunities for fun Changes family dynamics Expands awareness and broadens perspective Allows for time to access more resources Broadens cultural/spiritual experiences For information on The Cridge Respite Resource Service, either as a parent or to be a Respite Care Provider, please contact: (250) 995-6412 or email email@example.com Listings are FREE for…
- Cridge Respite & Respitality ProgramThe Cridge Respitality Service is a proud recipient of the British Columbia Community Living Association’s Innovation Award. Pictured is Respitality Coordinator Mimi Davis, receiving the award from The Honourable Tom Christensen, in April 2008. The Cridge Respitality Service provides parents of a child with a disability a chance to experience a “mini-vacation” in a welcoming and comfortable environment while their child is receiving respite care in the family home. Participating parents in this program recieve a complimentary overnight stay for two in a hotel or bed-and-breakfast. There are also complimentary enhancements available for those parents who are not able to enjoy an overnight hotel stay. These may include entertainment certificates, flowers, tickets to Victoria attractions when available. This program is about ‘caring for the caregivers’ and is a partnership between the hospitality industry, local businesses and community services agencies. For information about these services as a parent or caregiver, please call 250 995-6412 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Go to Cridge Respite Connect
Areas of Service
Select from the links below to visit our various programs
Who is eligible for The Cridge Respite & Respitality Service?
A parent or legal guardian of a child or youth under 19 years of age who has a disability or mental health diagnosis may be eligible. Here are the main eligibility requirements:
- A child or youth under 19 years of age who has a disability or mental health diagnosis
- Child/Youth lives with family full-time, and resides in the Greater Victoria Capitol Region
- Child/Youth receives on-going services from a qualifying agency such as The Ministry of Child & Family Development – Children & Youth with Special Needs (CYSN) or Child & Youth Mental Health (CYMH)
Please request a referral from your social worker at the agency above – or call us to further discuss your potential eligibility and referral source.
The Latest From Our Blog
The Cridge Centre for the Family
1307 Hillside Avenue,
Victoria, B.C. Canada V8T 0A2