- Safety Planning
- IPV ResourcesDomestic Violence BC Helpline: 1 800 563 0808Domestic Violence BC Website:http://www.domesticviolencebc.ca/ Resources In times of change and transition, women and children can greatly benefit from access to resources in their community. Some of the agencies that we frequently refer our clients to are: BC Families in Transition provides support to families who have experienced divorce, separation and family re-organization. B.C./ Yukon Society of Transition Houses provides information about transition houses located throughout British Columbia and the Yukon. The Ending Violence Association of BC (EVA BC) offers materials to support women seeking safety and their service providers. The Government of British Columbia’s Stopping the Violence website offers resources and contact information about the counselling and support services available to women in B.C. Information Justice Denied- a powerful poem by a former resident of The Cridge Transition House for Women
- What is IPV?
- Do you have a brain injury?
- CTHW Volunteer ProgramInterested in volunteering at Cridge Transition House for Women? Volunteers are important at Cridge Transition House for Women. We count on our volunteers to help with all the things that need to be done to support the women and children in the house. Volunteers do things like: drive women to appointments, help prepare dinner, pick up and organize donations, fill the house with delicious baking smells, take care of children, fuel up the house vehicles, pick up groceries, keep brochures organized, replenish supplies in the linen closet, water the garden, and too many more things than we can list! We couldn’t do what we do without our fabulous volunteers. If you would like to learn more about volunteering at CridgeTransition House for Women, call Anita at 250-479-3963.
Areas of Service
Select from the links below to visit our various programs
The Cridge Transition House for Women – 250-479-3963 – a 24-hour crisis line for women wishing to leave an abusive situation. Call at any time to do an assessment with staff or access resources to get help.
- Vancouver Island Crisis Line – 1‑888‑494‑3888 – a 24-hour crisis line for anyone looking for assistance, including non-judgmental mental health support, information and community resources.
- Youth In BC – 1-800-784-2433 – 24-hour crisis line for youth in British Columbia, providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention resources.
- Alcohol & Drug Information & Referral Service – 1-800-663-1441- 24-hour line for people in BC looking to manage any substance abuse. They provide information and referral to education, prevention and treatment services and regulatory agencies.
- Victim Link BC – 1-800-563-0808 – Call or text 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Victim Link provides information and referral services to all victims of crime and immediate crisis support to victims of family and sexual violence, including victims of human trafficking exploited for labour or sexual services.
- BC Mental Health Support Line – 310-6789 (no area code) – available 24 hours a day to connect you with your local crisis line
- Here is a list of Transition Houses and Safe Homes across British Columbia.
- For more information on creating a safety plan here.
- Here is a list of IPV Resources in Victoria.
Resources for People Supporting Women
Domestic Violence Resource Sheets:
Our staff has developed resource sheets to print out and refer to. In addition to local resources for families experiencing domestic abuse, they include helpful hints on how you can support people in your life who are experiencing violence.
If you want to help a friend who is experiencing violence, click here.
There are two versions – the first is designed for support professionals (e.g. social workers, staff at social service agencies, police, etc). The second handout offers additional resources specific to spiritual leaders.
- Domestic Violence Resources in Victoria – Support Professionals
- Domestic Violence Resources in Victoria – Spiritual Leader
The Latest From Our Blog
The Cridge Centre for the Family
1307 Hillside Avenue,
Victoria, B.C. Canada V8T 0A2