Since July 2012 staff and clients of The Cridge Centre for the Family have participated in Orange Day, a global initiative of the UN Women, that takes place on the 25th day of each month.
This month, on March 25th, we are taking on the challenge to ‘Orange our community’ and spread the Orange Day message that violence against women and girls has to end. It’s a simple plan that will get better with each and every participant.
If you’d like more information, or want someone to come speak to your organization about Orange Day and anti-violence initiatives, please email Shannon Whissell, Manager of Communication & Fund Development at swhissell @ cridge . org
We’d LOVE for you – our community partners, supporters, and suppliers – to participate. It’s easy to do:
- Finish the sentence “I am wearing Orange because …” on this template: Orange_Day_COMMUNITY
- Print it out
- Take a photo or video of yourself with your sign
- Upload your photo/video to Facebook, Twitter, or YouTube and tag it with #ORANGEDAY*
- We will re-share your picture/video while we’re adding our own!
* If you aren’t on social media, email your picture to Shannon and she’ll add it to our streams with whatever message you would like.
[flgallery id=14 /]