Whenever we see 'Greek Style' in the description on the menus here at The Cridge Centre, we know we are in for a real treat. Chef Nik learned his love of cooking at the side of his Greek mother and grandmother, and the passion, love and care they put into their food continues on through Nik's skill.
Greek Style Grilled Chicken for 2
- 1 lemon (zest & juice)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tbp. oregano
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp each of salt & pepper
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl.
- Rinse chicken breasts under cold water and pat dry.
- Add chicken to the marinade and allow to take in these flavours for minimum 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Preheat your barbeque. Now here’s where the adventure begins!
- With your tongs lift the chicken out of the bowl scraping any excess marinade off on the lip of the bowl and place chicken on the hot part of your barbeque (be careful – there will be flames).
- Sear the chicken on both sides (about 2 minutes per side)
- Move the chicken to the medium heat part of your barbeque.
- With the remaining marinade that is in the bowl start basting your chicken, turning over as needed to cook the chicken thoroughly and evenly.
- Use up your marinade before the chicken is done because you don’t want to add any of the marinade to the chicken after it is cooked; that would not be safe. You want to cook the chicken with the marinade.
- Cook the chicken until clear juices are flowing or to an internal temperature of 74 degrees Celsius.
- Finish it with a squirt of lemon and some good extra virgin olive oil on the plate.
- Serve this with a glass of Sauvignon Blanc if you like wine, and your favourite salad.
YIELD: 2 servings
Nik believes that "cooking is the best gift you can give. I believe in serving people fresh food grown as close to home as possible as it provides the best taste and nutrition."