- The Cridge Respite Resource ServiceOur service links parents of children and youth, birth to 19 years old, with special needs to Respite Care Providers and resources. Respite Care Providers As a Respite Care Provider you have a life changing impact on the families you offer respite care to. To download an application form to fill in please click on this link: UserFiles/Application Respite Care Provider – The Cridge Respite Resource Service.pdf Respite Care can be for a short period of time or ongoing. Parents are responsible for screening, selecting and paying for the Respite Care Provider. The Cridge Respite Resource Service does not make recommendations or endorsements of Respite Care Providers, programs or agencies. Respite Care provides benefits for Families in that it: Creates chances to rest Strengthens family, friends and community connections Builds in time for essential partnership/marriage survival and well-being Brings teamwork Widens their circle of support Provides new activities and opportunities for fun Changes family dynamics Expands awareness and broadens perspective Allows for time to access more resources Broadens cultural/spiritual experiences For information on The Cridge Respite Resource Service, either as a parent or to be a Respite Care Provider, please contact: (250) 995-6412 or email email@example.com Listings are FREE for…
- The Cridge Respitality ServiceThe Cridge Respitality Service is a proud recipient of the British Columbia Community Living Association’s Innovation Award. Pictured is Respitality Coordinator Mimi Davis, receiving the award from The Honourable Tom Christensen, in April 2008. The Cridge Respitality Service provides parents of a child with a disability a chance to experience a “mini-vacation” in a welcoming and comfortable environment while their child is receiving respite care in the family home. Participating parents in this program recieve a complimentary overnight stay for two in a hotel or bed-and-breakfast. There are also complimentary enhancements available for those parents who are not able to enjoy an overnight hotel stay. These may include entertainment certificates, flowers, tickets to Victoria attractions when available. This program is about ‘caring for the caregivers’ and is a partnership between the hospitality industry, local businesses and community services agencies. For information about these services as a parent or caregiver, please call 250 995-6412 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Welcome to Cridge Respite Connect
Expanded Service Offering
Starting in April 2013, with thanks to a grant from the Children’s Health Foundation of Vancouver Island, The Cridge Respite Resource Service is expanding to include families with children and youth that have a mental health diagnosis.
A Respite Care Provider offers quality care for children with mental health needs and, possibly, their sibling in the family’s home, their own home or in the community. They provide short time or ongoing relief for parents. Respite also gives to the youth or child through opportunities for growth and support in their daily lives.
We are looking for Respite Workers who are compassionate and have training and/or experience with providing support for children and youth with mental health diagnosis.
As a Respite Care Provider you have a life changing impact on the families to whom you offer respite care. If you are interested in being on Cridge Respite Connect, our online resource of respite work for families as well as further training opportunities, please submit your resume and references to the Respite Resource Coordinator by email email@example.com or if you have further questions call (250) 220-8569.
The Latest From Our Blog
- From Syria to SunFun: a Story of Hope at The Cridge Centre20/04/2018 - 1:12 pm
- A Child’s Tour of Our Cridge Neighbourhood26/03/2018 - 12:37 pm
- Why didn’t I do this sooner??21/02/2018 - 12:33 pm
- Let’s just do it, OK?05/02/2018 - 11:27 am
- Baking Brings Inspiration20/11/2017 - 10:16 am
- Success after Brain Injury: Kevin14/09/2017 - 3:55 pm
The Cridge Centre for the Family
1307 Hillside Avenue,
Victoria, B.C. Canada V8T 0A2