Our service links parents of children and youth, birth to 19 years old, with special needs to Respite Care Providers and resources.
Respite Care can be for a short period of time or ongoing. Parents are responsible for screening, selecting and paying for the Respite Care Provider.
The Cridge Respite Resource Service does not make recommendations or endorsements of Respite Care Providers, programs or agencies.
Respite provides benefits for Families in that it:
- Creates opportunities to rest
- Strengthens family, friends and community connections
- Builds in time for essential partnership/marriage survival and well-being
- Brings teamwork
- Widens their circle of support
- Provides new activities and opportunities for fun
- Changes family dynamics
- Expands awareness and broadens perspective
- Allows for time to access more resources
- Broadens cultural/spiritual experiences
For information on The Cridge Respite Resource Service, either as a parent or to be a Respite Care Provider, please contact: (250) 220-8569 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Listings are FREE for Families and Respite Care Providers
The Cridge Respite Resource Service gratefully acknowledge the support of The Province of British Columbia, The Ministry of Children and Family Development, and private donations.
The Cridge Respite Resource Service gratefully acknowledge funding from The Children's Health Foundation of Vancouver Island.