- The Cridge Brain Injury Services
- Personalised Supports Initiative Services
- Information on Brain Injury
- Survive – Strive – Thrive
Macdonald House is a ten-bed licensed residence specifically for people living with the effects of a brain injury. It is the only residence of its type in the Capital Regional District.
Skilled professionals provide twenty-four hour support and create a nurturing, caring and safe home. This setting is ideal to help individuals stabilize their lives, establish healthy routines and create positive change. In time, those who are able to pursue independent living are encouraged and supported to do so.
The support each resident receives depends on their individual needs, abilities and interests. Meaningful use of one’s time is a strong indicator of health and quality of life.
At Macdonald House, residents are supported to pursue vocational, recreational, therapeutic, and leisure goals in the larger community. We work with each resident to build capacities, expand independance and create community connections.
Macdonald House invites volunteers, practicum students, professional supports, family, guests and other members of the community to participate in the lives of residents. We foster relationships based on respect and mutual benefits. Our hope is that students will share the knowledge of brain injury they gain and educate others about the needs of brain injury survivors.
The residents at Macdonald House have a lot to offer; participating in their lives can be a highly rewarding experience. Volunteering at Macdonald House is a fun and rewarding way to gain valuable professional experience. Please visit our Volunteering page.
Macdonald House is run in partnership with: The Vancouver Island Health Authority— Brain Injury Program, BC Housing, Public Trustee, ICBC, and other generous public and private supporters.
The Latest From Our Blog
- Volunteering for Survive-Strive-Thrive28/04/2017 - 9:29 am
- Mimi’s Happy Volunteers27/04/2017 - 9:37 am
- A Volunteer Moving Team at Work!26/04/2017 - 9:42 am
- Giving Back – One Relationship at a Time25/04/2017 - 10:39 am
- The Cridge Celebrates Volunteers!24/04/2017 - 9:31 am
- Technology helps women rebuild lives23/03/2017 - 2:06 pm
The Cridge Centre for the Family
1307 Hillside Avenue,
Victoria, B.C. Canada V8T 0A2