Fresh, crisp, and fun – what more could you want in a weekend meal? This take on the slider trend makes use of lean ground turkey and the snap of apple and celery.
Apple and Celery Turkey Sliders
Yield: makes about 20 small patties
- 1 kg ground turkey mixed
- 100 ml green onions chopped
- 200 ml celery minced
- 2 apples peel on and small diced (any local apple that you like)
- 45 g butter unsalted
- 10 ml salt
- 3 ml white pepper
- ½ lemon juice and zest
- ½ bunch parsley minced
- 2.5 ml ground sage
- Cook the green onions, celery and apples in butter until tender. Let cool.
- Add the remaining ingredients and combine.
- Using a scoop or tablespoon form into patties.
- Refrigerate approximately two hours (they can also be refrigerated overnight for use the next day).
- Cook in a skillet using a small amount of butter until golden on both sides.
- Place on a rack and finish cooking in the oven @ 350 °F until an internal temperature of 74°C or 165°F is reached (use a probe thermometer).
- Serve on small buns or on their own with a side salad dressed with cranberry mayo (consisting of equal amounts of cranberry sauce and mayo) or your favorite condiment.
Nik believes that “cooking is the best gift you can give. I believe in serving people fresh food grown as close to home as possible as it provides the best taste and nutrition.”