Sometimes someone comes along in life who seems to live to put a smile on other people’s faces. In our recent experience, Kendrick Sampson is one such person. A charming, handsome actor working in Victoria for a few months, Kendrick could easily skate through life on his good looks and rising celebrity, but that’s simply not who he is. Kendrick is humble, compassionate, a lover of Jesus and people, and a committed community supporter, – whatever community he is in.
It’s not often that we get phone calls from actors who want to dedicate their birthday party to supporting our programs, so when Kendrick called, we took on making it his birthday a special occasion. Kendrick invited his local friends – the cast and crew of the production he is working on – and we invited several client families with children, some of whom have special needs. It’s safe to say a good time was had by all!
The party was, in the words of one attendee, “heart-warming, stylish and seamless.” We can’t take all the credit for that, however, as our amazing community partners really stepped up to make the event spectacular, including
- The Parkside Hotel and Spa, who hosted the party in their beautiful City Club Lounge
- Kevin Wensley of MacDonald Realty, who sponsored most of the food
- Crumsby’s Cupcake Food whose amazing snacks & service with a smile
- Vertical Wine Consulting and their contribution of a case of Joie Farm’s ‘A Noble Blend’
- Mike Hartshorne* of DFH Realty (*Personal Real Estate Corporation) who sponsored the champagne toast
- Decorate Victoria with Huff n Puff, whose wall of Cridge balloons cheerily greeted guests as they exited the elevator
[flgallery id=21 /]
We’ll have another post soon with pictures of the fun, but for now we want to thank our generous partners who made the party the success it was.